Thursday, January 13, 2011

Seaweed Pringles

I am officially back on the treadmill, FINALLY! I did my usual 30 minute, 3km slow jog last night and I am pushing my injured leg as far as it can work without debilitating pain. I cannot emphasize how grateful I am for recovering from the harrowing injury I had to suffer a good 8 weeks ago. I can still remember the five days I had to lie still on my bed due to the pain. There's still a bit of recurring pain, especially on the upper part of my left calf, but properly managed with exercise and good warm-up and cool-down regimens, it's going to eventually go away, fade. Then maybe I can run more efficiently and hopefully play longer on the badminton courts. The knee brace really does help, but I can't depend on it much because it keeps the knee positioned at a very specific angle, at some point it makes the playing more tiring than it ought to be.

Curbing the holiday diet with my "unfavoritest" food, my appetite's arch-enemy.... the dreaded oatmeal. This stuff's so good for me that going through a bowl of it every morning feels nothing short of slow prisonlike torture. Though my recent liking for the Seaweed PRingles does not help with the intended weight loss. It'll be a while before I stop buying a tube of this snippets of heaven.

No comments: